Proposing to Preston (The Winslow Brothers, #2) by Katy Regnery

Proposing to Preston (The Winslow Brothers, #2)Proposing to Preston by Katy Regnery
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Proposing to Preston is the second of four books about the Philadelphia-based, wildly-handsome Winslow brothers who are all on the look-out for love.

(Except Brooks... he's probably sailing around the world with Skye by now. And Cameron, who's having too much fun sparring with Margaret. And Christopher, who's only on the look-out for a congressional seat and absolutely. nothing. else.)

Preston Winslow has a heart as open as the sky and room in his life for someone special. When he falls in love with Broadway actress, Elise Klassan, he holds nothing back.

Elise, who has made tremendous sacrifices to forward her career, is swept off her feet by handsome, charming Preston...but the stage has been her first love for so many years, she doesn't know if there's room for Preston in her life. When the day comes that she must choose between her ambition and her heart, she profoundly hurts the one man who could have made her happy.

Two years later, Elise has become a world-famous actress and Preston is a very successful lawyer. But fame has not equaled happiness for Elise, and Preston is much too bitter and cynical to ever consider falling in love again.

Is it possible that the only person who can mend Preston's heart is the one who originally broke it? Only if Elise can figure out a way to make him believe in love all over again.



*************************************************


From the beginning, I could see that Elise and Preston were going to be something extraordinary together but they still managed to blow me out of the water. If you're new to her writing, I think you'll end up agreeing that Ms. Regnery is setting the bar for contemporary romance. If you're a longtime fan, these two are likely to become your new favourite couple of hers. Is Preston Winslow book boyfriend worthy? Oh heck yeah!

Preston's wholehearted devotion to Elise made me wish that there were more men out there like him while Elise herself was admirable for her dedication to the stage and a strong work ethic. Their love for each other comes so purely, burns so passionately that I felt like I was falling head over heels as well. I really believed in the rightness of them being together and I know I'm not the only reader who found their separation unbearable. Imagine me wiping my eyes, biting my nails, and silently begging for them to get the second chance they deserved.

A generic, run-of-the-mill romance this is definitely not.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts