Book of the Week: The Husband Games (Misfit Brides of Bliss, #1) by Jamie Farrell




















Since The Husband Games is our featured book for this week, I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate than by having Jamie Farrell herself stop by the House to dish a little about her own happily ever after. Enjoy!

___________________________



Love at First Non-Sight



SuperHubby and I were first introduced our freshman year of college while his best buddy was trying on women's clothing. (My small engineering college made a joke of there not being enough women on campus for a beauty pageant, so they did a drag queen contest instead.) I didn't actually see his face that day - I was peering out my window and into the window of another dorm room down the way, where all the fun was happening. SuperHubby was just visiting from his college for the weekend. We didn't meet face-to-face until almost two years later.

And when we did meet face-to-face.... well. Even though he was cute and funny and outgoing and flirty, he was off-limits. Because not only was I sort of dating two guys already that summer (it was complicated), but my best friend had declared she'd take SuperHubby in a heartbeat if she ever broke up with her boyfriend (said buddy from above). 

College relationships were complicated. :-)

But two weeks after our first face-to-face meeting, we met a third time, this time at a pool party, and this time, I gave SuperHubby my email address. And three days later, he emailed me, asking if he'd waited the appropriate amount of time before messaging me, and would I like to be friends?

We dated long distance for the next two years, then got married shortly after I graduated. A year later, he was commissioned into the Air Force. We've had one crazy ride ever since, with ups and downs and three kids and two cats and... seven different places that we've called home now. But home is always wherever SuperHubby and the kids are, so we're a pretty content bunch. :-)

We bicker occasionally about silly things like folding laundry (I never do that) and rinsing out the kitchen sink (he never does that), but even well past a decade into our marriage, he brings home chocolate for me on stressful days, he puts the kids to bed so I can read a book, and he still praises my cooking (even when I'm not sure I deserve it).

But what really makes him my hero is that he has never doubted me. Shortly after we made our first military move, I turned to writing to work out the stress of the new situation and life I wasn't prepared for. And when I told him I was writing a book, he said, "Great. What can I do to help?" He works hard to make sure our whole family is taken care of, physically and financially and emotionally, and I wouldn't trade him for anything.

________________________________________

The Husband Games








Welcome to Bliss, Illinois, the Most Married-est Town on Earth!

As the resident divorced woman in the Matrimonial Capitol of the Midwest, Natalie Castellano has no business getting involved with Bliss’s annual Knot Festival. But with her mother’s unexpected passing, Natalie has inherited the job of planning the Husband Games, the pinnacle event of the festival in which husbands from far and wide compete in domestic and romantic challenges to be named Husband of the Year.

In order to make the Games a success, she needs CJ Blue’s help. But Natalie and CJ, a charismatic young widower, have a history. When these enemies unite, sparks fly and romance blossoms. But is their growing attraction temporary, or will they each risk their hearts for a second chance at love?

Let the Games begin!


Find it:

Amazon
Goodreads
 

About Jamie:





Jamie Farrell writes fun contemporary romances with quirky characters and lots of heart. She believes love and laughter are two of the most powerful forces in the universe, and she infuses both into all of her stories. Her debut novel, Southern Fried Blues, was a finalist for the 2013 National Readers' Choice Awards and the 2014 National Excellence in Romance Fiction Awards.

A native Midwesterner, Jamie has lived in the South the majority of her adult life. When she's not writing, she and her military hero husband are busy raising three hilariously unpredictable children.



Comments

Popular Posts